Thursday 10 November 2016

Crafty Birthday Gift!

For my birthday, my Sister gave me a gift card from Knit Picks, home of the lovely wooden interchangeable knitting needle set that I got as a Christmas gift last year.

I am on their list for receiving periodic flyer/catalogues with which they tempt me to buy more of their lovely yarns and accessories.  And earlier this year, I succumbed to the temptation to buy some sock yarn, and enough yarn for a sweater.  Alas, the poor exchange rate at the moment made it not as great a deal as it seemed, and it was a bit of a shock when I got my credit card statement.  So I am not tempted to buy anymore yarn from them for the forseeable future.

So, what to buy with the lovely gift card burning a hole in my wallet?  I had been eyeing their wooden crochet hooks, since I love their wooden knitting needles, but discovered from reviews that the sizes were not written on the hooks.  That seems like a big problem to me.  Instead, I opted for a set of metal hooks with a larger rubberized handle.



And for the remainder, I went for the Knit Picks zippered case made for their interchangeable wooden knitting needles.  The needles come in a fancy gift box that would last for a long time, and protect them well, but it's always nice to have something more portable.



I was really excited to discover that the case has much more space than it appeared from the picture.  Not only does it have places to put the needles, there are more slots on the back of this same piece where I could store more knitting needles, or some crochet hooks!



And there is a zipper pocket on each side where I can store accessories



and other things like my set of wooden dp needles.  These don't have the sizes on them, so I need to keep them in the plastic sleeve they came in, but that fit perfectly in the pocket...



So how cool is that?  Loving it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment